Monday, July 31, 2006

Williams sisters withdraw from San Diego

Not really a big surprise there, but boy did they piss off the officials of the tournament. I really think they mean it I don't think the Williams sisters will be showing up there next year.

Now of course sometimes you can't help if you have injuries but you really shouldn't be making any such commitments if you know you're not a hundred percent.

That's the Williams sisters for you they have a history of entering the tournaments and not showing up in the end. As you can probably tell I'm not really a big Williams sisters fan, I don't mind Venus but I think Serena has an enormous ego.

I'm sort of sorry to hear Davenport won't play either but I guess she wants to be 100% for the U.S. Open.

Oh well, at least this leaves the field open for Martina to dominate, and bring her ranking up some more so she can be back in the top ten:D. And I really think she can do it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and wishing her lots of luck.

The draw is already out and it doesn't look too bad for her, well except a possible clash with Kim Clijsters in the quarters again. Geez, how many times a year are these two going to meet? lol.

Anyway here is an article with all the details on the Williams withdraw which includes the comments from the officials:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20060729-9999-1s29acura.html

No comments: