Tuesday, July 18, 2006

MySpace users beware

There is a new form of identity theft where people are stealing other peoples personal pictures off their accounts and putting them up on theirs.

I know there have been other theft issues with it but this is a new one. As a fellow MySpace user I also have to say this is really disconcerning. I don't want someone stealing my pictures and posing to be me!. That's just wrong.

One thing you can do to protect yourself against this is change your privacy settings so that only the people on your friend list will be able to view it.

I have already done it, and no I'm not paranoid or anything I just think it's better to be safe then sorry.

Here is an article talking about a person who became a victim of the aforementioned identity theft:
http://www.wndu.com/news/072006/news_51388.php

No comments: