Sunday, November 30, 2008

Fun at the Santa Claus Parade

Today my folks and I went to check out the Santa Claus Parade that we have here every year around this time.

The weather definitely felt like December, I decided to wear a short coat at the advice of my mom, and boy was I sorry.

Half way through the parade I was freezing!. So my mom went back to get a longer coat and draped it over me making the cold just bearable enough to make it to the end (one of the many advantages of having a parade right on your street ).

I don't usually make it a habit to go to things like this anymore, but I made an exception this year because a friend of mine was in the parade.

Knowing someone in the parade somehow made it more fun. I enjoyed watching her walking along and waving to everyone.

It was heartwarming to see all the little kids with excitement on their faces waiting for Santa Claus. Reminded me of myself at that age.

Perhaps due to all the excitement involved they didn't seem to mind the cold as much as the adults.

Here are some photos I took from the event, which was a real challenge since in order to take them, I couldn't wear my gloves.

But in the end I guess it was worth it (the pics turned out pretty well, thanks to a nice gentleman who let me stand right near the curb of the side walk).


I get cold just looking at these poor guys

No parade can be complete without a random giant cake *lol*

One of many musical marching bands I love these uniforms :)

No comments: