Friday, November 07, 2008

FOX heeds the pleas of TSCC fans....sort of

Some surprising developments on the Sarah Connor Chronicles front. It seems that the campaign to move the show on to a different night worked.

Just not exactly the night that we wanted, which was Wednesday. The network announced it's mid-season schedule and the Sarah Connor Chronicles will now be paired with Joss Whedon's Dollhouse on Friday nights.

Which also happens to be the night on which the second half of Battlestar Galactica season 4 will air. Coincidence?. I think not.

It might just be one of the best things for TSCC. I have faith in the Whedonverse fandom and I believe many of them will tune in to see Dollhouse.

And it doesn't hurt that Summer Glau herself is a Joss show alum (Firefly). As far as I know many BSG fans love TSCC as well (hell Joss Whedon himself is a fan), so that's gotta be good too.

Finally my favourite new show has been paired with others of equal demographic, genre and most importantly equal intelegence. Thumbs up FOX.

I don't know about the rest of you but, come next year I'm cancelling all my Friday night plans and enjoying a whole lot of sci-fy :).

And hey, I guess I can now take off the Move TSCC to Wednesday's petition.

View the full schedule here.

Hmmm....Bones is moving to Thursday. With ER going away next year, at least now I have something to replace it with. I just hope it doesn't back fire.

No comments: