Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A heartfelt t.v. moment

I was watching The Ellen Degeneres Show (as I do every week).

I love her show it never fails to make me laugh, or cry for that matter.

Such was the case on Monday. She had on this little 7-year-old girl named Emily Bear who's an amazing pianist.

She's been on her show before and I've always found her so adorable.

Every time she has come on she's composed a song especially for Ellen.

So naturally this time was no exception. But what made it special is that she wrote a song for Ellen's wedding (to Portia de Rossi), called "Once Upon a Wish" saying she wanted to play it for Ellen because "she got her wish".

By this point I was all choked up (along with Ellen's entire audiance) and that's before she started playing.



Watching this I thought to myself "wow, leave it to a child to really put things into perspective".

Honestly if only more adults would follow the same example, the world would be a much better place.

No comments: