Tuesday, December 18, 2007

90's nostalgia

With the writers strike still in effect I have been spending even more time online (didn't think that would ever be possible lol). Anyway, while browsing I came across VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's page.

Naturally I had to check it out, looking at all the lists made me realize my musical tastes have really changed in recent years. Back in the 90's I listened to a lot of #1 chart topping hits and music mixes. Now I prefer the less mainstream songs and undiscovered artists. I still can't stand rap or hip-hop.

My likeness for certain genres has also changed, I definitely listen to more alternative songs as opposed to the pop/boy band stuff of the Backstreet Boys variety. Man, I really listened to that a lot back then! LOL.

Well, ok there's one boy band I've stuck with over the years, but it's one I don't regret. And speaking of it's good to see that aside from "MMMBop" the song "This Time Around" made it on to the list:), 'cause it is definitely kick ass but of course I'm buyest:D.

Actually something just occurred to me "This Time Around" came out in 2000, so why exactly is it included as part of 100 greatest songs of the '90's?. Shouldn't that include songs up to '99? or am I missing something...

In any case this was a great trip down memory lane, it again made me realize how much better music was even just going back 17 years. Which is precisely why I think it's completely weird that the 90's are now considered retro!.

And I really wish VH1 would allow their international users to view the videos instead of limiting it to U.S. only:(. I hate when websites do that, drives me nuts!.

Oh, and one last thing the songs on the almost made it list should have totally been included, how can you not include "What's Up", "Kiss From a Rose", "Black or White" , "Cryin' " "To Be With You" and "Torn" in the best of the 90's that's just wrong.

No comments: