Thursday, December 06, 2007

Top Ten Google Searches 2007

The month of December never seems to be a busy blogging month for me, as I'm sure you've all noticed by the sporadic updates. The lack of Martina Hingis news really slows things down to a crawl.

The thought of following another players career has crossed my mind, but none are of any real interest to me at the moment. I just can't get excited about anyone else the way I did with Hingis.

No one else seems to possess the same qualities. I think a part of me will always be hoping and praying Hingis comes back again one of these days, even though my mind knows it's an impossibility. It's sad I know lol.

Anyway, that's the end of my mini-rant, moving on to the subject of this post. Something (hopefully) a little more cheerful.

Last year around this time I posted a list of Google's top 10 searches of the year. And I thought it might be fun to do it again, so here it is:

1. iPhone (I'm sure none of you are surprised lol, many of you probably have it on your Christmas list lol)

2. Webkinz- stuffed animal you can play with online (never heard of it but sounds like fun)

3. TMZ (again not surprising considering all the supposed celeb scandals this year)

4. Transformer Toys (Ah, yes one of my many childhood fascinations, it's amazing how many 80's characters and toys keep coming back, guess you just can't keep a good robot down).

5. YouTube- the video sharing Web-site (Ooh shocker! LOL, I don't really have to explain this one do I?, seriously I would be more surprised if this wasn't on the list lol).

6. Club Penguin- children's networking site (another one I'm not familiar with but I think the reason why is fairly obvious;)

7. Myspace- the social networking site (ah, yes my first love/addiction, before it was replaced by the evil that is Facebook LOL)

8. Heroes (the television show?, really? sorry to all the fans out there, but I just don't get the fascination)

9. Facebook- the social networking site (Ok, this I'm surprised about I was sure it would be much higher on the list considering I know so many people including myself who spend almost every waking hour on this thing, or maybe it's just the Canadians LOL).

10. Anna Nicole Smith (can you say, overexposure)

Source

Also I should note these are searches from Google.com (I might do a Canadian version if it's interesting enough).

Now that we're nearing the end of the year expect a lot more of these lists to come;).

No comments: