Tuesday, November 06, 2007

More on Hingis drug drama

Found a great article that shines a little more light on the Hingis doping allegations. It's important to note that she does in fact plan to fight this. So to all those thinking otherwise you were wrong :P.

Actually I'm confused on why even the press seemed to think Hingis's statement meant she was not going to fight these allegations, certainly seemed like the exact opposite to me. I took it as her saying she would not fight and play tennis at the same time hence the retirement.

And I was obviously right:). Plus, hiring a lawyer? kind of a tip off if you ask me. I don't think anyone hires a lawyer unless they plan to take legal action.

I'm going to point out some key things in this article that I thought really hit the nail on the head.

"You can argue cocaine is a performance-enhancing drug only in theory, given that
it's essentially a social drug, most often accompanying a late night of
partying. If anything, it would hurt Hingis, not help her".
Thank yoiu! that is exactly what I have been saying ever since hearing about the news, another reason why I just do not believe she's in any way guilty.
"If you were wondering why Hingis came forward before any official announcement,
former No. 1 Lindsay Davenport had the answer last week: it's the kind of
blockbuster news that almost always gets leaked, especially with someone so
high-profile".

I knew there was a reason I liked this player:).


"Perhaps Hingis remembers two years ago, when news that popular Russian
player Svetlana Kuznetsova had tested positive for ephedrine was unfairly leaked
by Belgium's sports minister. Never mind that it was during the offseason, at an
exhibition (why were they testing there, anyway?) and that she was perfectly
within the rules to take the cold medicine that led to the positive test".

There you go, these guys will find any excuse to destroy a player's reputation, never mind if it's for the right reasons. I said it before and I'll say it again there's definitely something fishy going on and I hope Hingis's lawyer gets to the bottom of it.

No comments: