Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Billie Jean King stands by Hingis

With all the negative press around Hingis these days, it's good to see there are still some sports professionals who believe and support her. Last week it was Roger Federer and this week it's the legendary Billie Jean King.

"It just doesn't make sense... it's just not her,"
"She was going to retire anyway. I do believe Martina Hingis. If she says she hasn't taken it, I believe it".

Thank you! that is exactly what I have been saying since this whole drug thing got started. And I'm sticking with it.

"Maybe she went out to a party... and others had dope around and leave it on tables and if you get it on your hands and maybe you ingest it and you don't even know. There are so many possibilities now. It's just not in Hingis's character".
Again I completely agree, it's something that is so logical and yet no one has pointed this out. Instead they continue to focus on the negative and already labeling Hingis as guilty.

"Characters are revealing and I think it's great she came out first and took it head on. That's a pretty good sign too as a lot of players always wait (for an official announcement) and she thought to heck with it. That was smart."
Yes and I give her complete props for that but sadly many saw that as suspicious, I'm still not sure why. I saw that as Hingis being true to character as Billie points out.

Anyway, good to see some positive comments once again (especially from someone of such high sports stature), and I'm sure Hingis will certainly appreciate them.




No comments: