Thursday, July 19, 2007

A break from the norm

Till my body is dust
Till my soul is no more
I will love you
Love you

Till the sun starts to cry
And the moon turns to rust
I will love you
Love you

But I need to know
Will you stay for all time
Forever and a day?

And I'll give my heart
Till the end of our time
Forever and a day

And I need to know
Will you stay for all time
Forever and a day?

And I'll give my heart
Till the end of our time
Forever and a day

Till the stars fill my eyes
And we touch the last time
I will love you
Love you
I will love you
Love you
I will love you
Love you

I Will Love You~ Fisher


I thought I would change things up a bit and share some favourite music, well ok lyrics with y'all :D.

I can't seem to get enough of this band lately a lot of their songs just really resonate with me. The above song is actually the song that got me hooked.

This song was released all the way back in '97. Which is the year the band was formed.

I guess I must have missed it, since at that time I was more into main stream and I don't think the band was. Actually they've gone back and forth between main stream and independent.

Nonetheless I am SO glad I discovered them when I did, it's a good thing I check out a lot of fan made music videos (that's where I got my first taste).

I would say the sound is a cross between Sarah McLachlan and Evanescence, like those two artists Fisher have a lot of piano driven songs and thought provoking lyrics.

All of which were a big part of the appeal for me. The other part would have to be all the great hooky melodies, a staple for the band.

To get a feel for this great band I would also recommend these songs:

Anyway
Dirty Girl
Rhianna
Missing
Mary
Had To
Believe In Something

If you want to find out more about Fisher check out their site, also check out iTunes for more of their stuff.


No comments: