Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Kelly Clarkson still 'Miss Independent'



Here's another lengthy Kelly interview this time with Elle Magazine. In the interview Kelly once again talks about her struggles with the label over the new album.

As well as the struggles for creative freedom, her thoughts on marriage and boyfriends.

These are some of my favourite bits:

My December's disparity of themes and lack of an obvious hit were not lost on producer Clive Davis, who is said to have offered Clarkson $10 million to ditch five of her songs for more radio-friendly picks of his choosing. Clarkson declined.
"My resistance upsets a lot of people, because we could make a lot of money," Clarkson says. "And I'm not hatin' on money. But you know in Funny Girl, when they make Barbra Streisand sing the 'beautiful girl' song, and she is singing these lyrics, and she knows she's not that person?" Clarkson sighs. "I'm just not comfortable doing things that don't feel like me."
I really have to give her credit for continuing to stand by her convictions. She sort of reminds of Pink in that way.

"My label wanted me to sing 'Never Again,'" she says. "And I was like, To promote yourself on a charity event is beyond crass. People are starving and dying and I'm up there singing some bitter pop song? And believe me, everyone wanted me to sing it. Because they are jaded and they have no soul. Imagine sitting in a room full of people totally against you. Can't they hear themselves speaking? Capitalize on AIDS? Are you kidding? Insulting an entire nation of people? I just refused."

I just love her uncompromising attitude, way to stand up to the brass Kelly!.

"She was incredible. When you let her come back on the show it makes everybody else look like an amateur," says Cowell, who believes Clarkson is the best winner yet "without question."

And to think Simon originally didn't like Kelly. But since he's eaten those words ten times over in the past 5 years I'll cut him some slack.

And if that isn't enough here are 5 more reasons to love Kelly (aside from her singing that is;)

A short list of things Clarkson doesn't want:
A clothing line.
A fragrance with her name on the bottle.
A television show.
A movie role.
A toy dog in a leather jacket.


Something tells me Kelly will be sticking around for a long time to come.

And going with the independent theme here's a People article that talks about Kelly parting ways with her manager.







No comments: