Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's official Hingis plays Wimbledon 2007!!



I know I said I wouldn't mention anything else Martina related till I saw her out on that grass court. But since this qualifies as legit I'm making an exception.

Plus I'm just too excited with Wimbledon starting this Monday, yay!

According to the Wimbledon official website Hingis is indeed participating in the tournament, still seeded 9th. I'm sure there are a lot of questions and doubts on everyones mind as to Martina's physical and mental condition.

It's certainly crossed my mind more then once, but I believe Martina knows what she's doing even if she isn't completely ready physically (which we have no proof of either way).

She did say she wouldn't come back until she felt a hundred percent. Yes there is a risk that she could re-injure herself, no one knows that better then Hingis.

But I think she's right to come back on court and at least give it a shot, rather then staying away longer. All the players always say, there's no better practice then actual match play. And there is only so much you can do on a practice court anyway.

I have to say personally as a fan I have no expectations this time, becuase there's no indication of how she'll do. All I can do is wish her lots of luck and simply enjoy the fact that she's playing again.

Who knows? this may be one of the last times we see her at Wimbledon, so to all the other fans out there who may start to moan and groan. I say sit back and enjoy the ride, no matter how short or long it may be .

No comments: