Monday, March 09, 2015

Hollywood celebrates Roger Federer's 1000 career wins

Hollywood actress Zoe Saldana toasted Roger Federer’s 1000th match win in an exclusive Moet & Chandon event in Beverly Hills on Saturday night.

Held at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, brand ambassador Federer was the toast of Hollywood as his incredible 1000 match wins achievement was celebrated with a special bottle of Moet & Chandon by the likes of actresses Camilla Belle and Kate Walsh and former NBA pro Jason Collins.

The 33-year-old Federer became the third player in the Open Era, and the first since Ivan Lendl in 1992, to record 1000 tour-level wins when he beat Milos Raonic in the final of the Brisbane International to claim his 83rd title.

“It’s just cool being in LA,” said Federer, who is preparing to play at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, beginning next week. “I’m just enjoying spending time here at this Moet & Chandon event. It’s very special. I don’t do many events here on the west coast and I don’t spend enough time in LA. So when I do, I try to make the most of it.


“It’s nice to celebrate the 1000 match wins I had at the beginning of the year. For me, it’s cool being a sportsman in this entertainment world and I’m really enjoying it. I love the diverse world I’m living in.”

After his red carpet entrance, Federer joined Avatar actress Saldana in a game of mixed doubles with Grey's Anatomy star Walsh and sports broadcaster Jill Montgomery on a specially constructed mini tennis court, with gold tennis balls, before mingling with the assembled guests. He was quick to state that he hoped there would be more Moet Moments to come in 2015.

“I’d love to get back to World No. 1,” declared the Basel native. “But Novak is making it very difficult. My whole season is geared towards peaking at Wimbledon. I’d love to win there one more time.”

Federer goes into Indian Wells with an 11-1 match record in 2015 and is coming off victory over Novak Djokovic in the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Federer has won four titles at the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament of the year and last year finished runner-up to Djokovic in the final.

No comments: