Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kim Clijsters fairytale comeback continues @ Rogers Cup


Playing in her second tournament since returning to the tour. Kim dispatched her apponent Elena Baltacha of England in just over an hour.

Winning it in straight sets 6/3 6/4.

Very impressive performance for someone who has been away from the game for 2 years. In fact she played as if she never left.

Her serve is still phenomenal, as are her returns and anticipation.

Other then some forehand errors in the second set, there was barely any evidance of rust.

She even did a couple of her signature splits. I forgot how much I enjoyed those.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I was never a big Clijsters fan when she was on the tour.

I think it was only after she retired (or close to retiring) that I realized how much better the game was with her in the mix.

Well, that and I guess I really enjoy rooting for players who want to make a second career comeback.

Overall she's handling herself extremely well. So far her comeback is looking very Hingis-like.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, watch out WTA!.

No comments: