Thursday, February 26, 2009

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen trailer

I'm not a huge movie goer probably because there just aren't that many great movies these days. At least none that I would wanna make an effort to go and see, or that I truly look forward to.

That being said there are always a few exceptions that spark my interest during the year. Last year it was The Dark Knight, and this year it's Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

I will admit that my interest in the film is largely fueled by the fact that (like most kids of the 80's) I was (and I guess in a way still am) a huge Transformers fan. I watched the cartoon, and yes I even had the toys.

I absolutely loved the first movie and thought it was one of the few of that year (2007 I believe) that not only deserved the hype, but lived up to it.

Being a summer blockbuster I didn't have high expectations for it beyond the usual action, blow 'em up special effects and CGI.

What really drew me to it however was the story (any big budget blockbuster movie can do awesome effects these days), but very few have a decent plot.

Casting a relative newcomer like Shia LaBeouf as the main character certainly didn't hurt either ;).



It's hard to tell from the trailer whether the sequel will offer more of the same, but I definitely can't wait to find out!.

No comments: