Sunday, September 28, 2008

TTSCC uncertain future?

Question: How bad are the ratings for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? -- Dean

Aussiello:
Armageddon-like? An SCC insider tells me that if the show's numbers don't start to climb, Fox is unlikely to order any additional episodes beyond the 13 currently in the pipeline. At Saturday's EW pre-Emmy bash, Thomas Dekker remained hopeful that they could hold off doomsday at least until the end of football season. "We're up against Monday Night Football," he sighed, "which is tricky because we have a lot of football fans."

EW.com

This so not good!. Seriously, why is it that there are shows currently on the air that are absolutely dreadful, and yet continue to stick around for years on end *cough Desperate Housewives, Lost cough* and great shows like this one are never given a chance to develop.

It just pisses me off!.

I guess I should have seen this coming (or perhaps not have gotten my hopes up) given FOX's track record.

The network executives need to wake up and put the show on another night, Sunday would be my suggestion. And by the looks of it they better do it fast!.

The optimist in me is keeping my fingers crossed for now, but the pessimist in me has a feeling the fans will have to start a save Sarah Connor Chronicles campaign soon.

This is partly why I no longer enjoy checking out (or get invested) in new shows, because there's always that chance that as soon as I start to like it, it will be given the axe.

Which sadly seems to happen way too often these days*sigh*.

No comments: