Monday, September 08, 2008

Sarah Connor Chronicles season 2 impressions

Now that's what I call a season premiere!. Boy, the cast members weren't kidding when they said this season would be intense right from the start. I don't know if intense is even the right word, explosive is more like it!.

In fact there was so much going on that I don't know where to start, my brain is still in processing mode, so you'll have to excuse me if my thoughts seem a bit jumbled.

First off I think I should mention all the car chasing and car crashing action, how AWESOME was that!. I felt like I was actually watching one of the Terminator films, and that wasn't even the best part. Honestly, I can't recall seeing this much action in a t.v. show since Alias.

Before I go on to the episode itself I have to applaud both Lena and Summer for very commending performances on both sides. You can definitely tell they've really got a handle on their characters despite the fact we're only in episode 10.

I will not be doing a play by play because I figure there are plenty of other sources for that, if you just wanna read a re-cap of the ep. The Sarah Connor Society for example, I will focus on what I liked about the ep and my overall impressions instead.

One of the first things I noticed last night was the tone of the show, we are definitely headed toward a much darker show this season which I think is great. I also really liked the interplay of action and emotion showcased in this ep.

The conflict between John and Sarah and John and Cameron. With Sarah realizing that she's slowly loosing him (to adulthood) and some might say to Cameron herself.

I will admit that bathroom scene with John and Sarah had me a little teary-eyed. Btw. I'm still pissed that Lena was snubbed by the Emmy voters I think she deserved to at least be nominated.

Back to John and Cameron for a minute, there are all kinds of theories floating around the net pertaining the scene where she tells him she loves him. Some people think it's real, that Cameron is capable of real love being a completely new model and all.

Personally I think it was all a ploy to get him to stop removing the chip and nothing more. Because let's face it no matter how advanced Cameron is still a machine and will always be one.

Then there are the questions surrounding Ellison and Chromarti, now that we know why he spared Agent Ellison will he be able to lure him on to the dark side and help him get to Sarah and John? or will Ellison remain strong and devoted to his faith?.

Speaking of faith that seems to be a big theme for a lot of the characters this season, it'll be interesting to see where they're going with that.

But the best part of the night came at the very end, show of hands for those who did not see the end coming with Shirley Manson's character, that was a total shocker! (btw. shape-shifting into a urinal, totally genius!..... and a little gross).

And what an auspicious way to begin your first ever acting gig, playing one of the most famous villain characters of the Terminator franchise.

Things are certainly getting complicated for Sarah and John not only do they have to be on the look-out for Chromarti, but now there's an even bigger threat with what looks like a more advanced model of the T-1000.

All of this makes you wonder exactly how Charlie Dixon and Derek Reece fit into the over-all scheme of things.

At this point there are more questions then answers but one thing is for sure, I can't wait to see next week!.

If this show manages to maintain the same level of action, emotion and intensity throughout the season then it'll undoubtedly be the best one yet!.

No comments: