Sunday, June 15, 2008

Song of the moment: Rufus Wainwright- Hallelujah

I actually got this idea from another blog I frequent, I thought it might be fun if every once in a while I shared a favourite song of mine.

I was thinking of calling it song of the day like on the aforementioned blog, but there are simply too many songs I get stuck on in any given day, so song of the moment seemed more appropriate.

I haven't decided on whether to make this a daily or weekly thing yet, though with my varied taste in music doing a daily post would definitely not be difficult.

Anyway today's song is Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright (originally by Leonard Cohen I believe).

Although Jeff Buckley's version will forever remain my all-time favourite, lately I can't seem to get enough of this one.



And for comparison purposes, here is Jeff Buckley's version.



Yep, music just doesn't get any better then that.

Oh, and just a warning since I am kind of an 80's fanatic (being born right at the start of it and all) don't be surprised if you see an abundance of 80's tunes lol.

No comments: