Sunday, February 17, 2008

Painting woes


I've had an exhausting couple of days. And it all started when a member of my family decided to refresh the walls by painting them.

Yeah, I know brilliant idea right?. Apparently the said family member didn't feel like waiting until the summer because they would rather spend those months out and about in the sun.

So as a result our entire place is a complete and total mess. The living room does look brighter but the paint smell just keeps hanging on. I've had to relocate my poor cockatiel to my room so he wouldn't get sick (it did say the paint was non-toxic but you never know and I certainly wouldn't want to take any chances).

Ideally I would have asked someone to babysit for me but since there was no one who could take him, moving him into another room was the only alternative.

Surprisingly enough he didn't seem too upset about the change a little confused but otherwise well behaved. I actually thought he would go nuts since these birds are very territorial and don't take too well to changing their environment.

As of yesterday evening only the living room and kitchen have been finished. The bedrooms and bathrooms are next. Personally I'm completely against the whole idea, I really don't want to be spending several nights on the living room couch.

Unfortunately I don't have much choice in the matter, since it has to be done eventually. The only thing I'm hoping for is to convince the folks to delay painting my room until it gets warmer. Because really who does that in the middle of winter?.

But as you've probably guessed by now convincing parental units can prove quite difficult once they've made up their minds. Basically I'm in the expecting the worst, hoping for the best mind set at the moment.

To make matters worse I'm functioning on very little sleep due to unexpected visitors spending the night and a bird who's an early riser. Family Day is looking better and better.....

No comments: