Tuesday, February 12, 2008

News on the fate of the t.v. season

Now that the WGA strike might finally be coming to a close (assuming everyone agrees on the tentative deal today).

There's one thing on every t.v. watchers mind. Which shows will and won't comeback this season.


BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

What We're Hearing:
The crown jewel of the Sci Fi Channel should finish out its fourth and final season, but per writer Jane Espenson, it's almost certain that, schedule-wise, the story will be split into two separate miniseasons. The show completed 14 episodes before the strike hit, and at least the first 10 will air beginning Apr. 4. The second batch could premiere in the fall or even sometime in 2009.

I got all excited until I read the part that said they were going to split the season in two. Which will mean more waiting *grumble grumble*. Although I suppose as long as we get a full season like the show deserves then I'll be happy.

BONES

What We're Hearing: One Bones castmember tells us the strike was "very emotional and surreal" and that while they don't yet know how many more episodes they might produce this season, things look good for a return to the set. Another castmember tells us: "I would assume that production would start back in two weeks or so." However, sources tell us there is no decision yet on whether Bones will go back into production this season.

This news is not so good I was looking forward to some more Booth/Bones action. I guess there's no choice but to hope and wait.

GREY'S ANATOMY

What We're Hearing: Grey's will go back into production this season and is expected to produce a handful of new episodes to air in April and May. And yes, Josh Jackson is expected to finally fulfill his guest-spot duties as Cristina's love interest. So, yes, there is a god.

To be honest I'm kinda split on this show, I watch it but only for certain characters (like Izzy and Christina). I can't stand whiny Meredith. Most times I could take it or leave it.

Melanie in Decatur, Georgia: Thank you for all your hard work over the weekend to bring us strike updates! I loved all the info. Still, I'm wondering, what's the deal with Bionic Woman? Think it'll come back now that the strike's ending?
First, I have to give a big, fat shout-out to my cohort in crime Jennifer Godwin, who is without gluteus maximus muscles today because she worked them all off over the weekend, tirelessly hunting down show runners and sources and such for our strike coverage. I lurve her. As for Bionic, well, she's not looking quite so butt-kicky these days. Although show runner Jason Katims says this of the show's fate, "All I know is there were talks right before the strike started about continuing Bionic," sadly, according to multiple Peacock net sources, Bionic has already gone bye-bye for good. But fans should know that volume one of the series comes out on DVD Mar. 18.

This was to be expected, because let's be honest even though Michelle Ryan is a great actress the only thing saving that show was Sarah Corvus (Katee Sackhoff).

When she left the rating plummeted. It's too bad, I thought it had potential. But perhaps the show took a little too long to find it's niche.

I only listed the shows I'm interested in so if you would like to see a complete list you can click here.

If I could just find out something on ER and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles I would be a happy viewer.

ETA: After 100 days the WGA strike is officially over (yay!!). In June it'll be the Actors Guild turn LOL.








No comments: