Sunday, February 24, 2008

And the Oscar goes to......


Well, thanks to a swift WGA strike resolution last month The Oscars are going on as planned. As for how entertaining it'll be that has yet to be determined.

Btw. am I the only one who still finds it weird that The Oscars are in February instead of March?. Just as I have done the last two times I will attempt to live blog the awards, so you'll have to excuse me if my thoughts are more then a little disjoint at times;).

Since I don't care about the whole Oscar fashion thing there will be no, who is wearing what oohing and ahhing red carpet commentary from me.

Ok, I will make just one small comment in that regard. What is up with almost everyone wearing depressing black this year?. Hope that's not a sign for the awards themselves.

Well, the show has just started and as I expected there's a mention of the writers strike thankfully without the obvious writing jokes, at least not yet lol.

You gotta love Jon Stewart his humor is so smart 99% of it goes right over the stars heads lol (hence the sporradic laughs). No one can spin political humor better then this guy, good stuff.

Damn, I was hoping "Across the Universe" would grab the costume Oscar *sigh*.
Nice to see "Bourne Ultimatum" get a bunch of awards, love this movie.
Too bad Ellen Page didn't win best lead actress that would have been a nice surprise, but surprise and Oscars have been scarce in recent years.

Wow, waiting around for the most important categories takes forever doesn't it? lol. Or maybe it's that aside from "Juno" and "Ratatouille" I haven't seen (and don't plan to see) any of the other nominated films so I don't really care about most of the other categories.

Ok, is it me or did The Academy completely forget about Brad Renfro in the momorium montage?, I mean yes the guy was a child actor known for only one movie (The Client) but the same can be said for many others. I don't think he or the movie was ever nominated for anything, but that's still no reason not to remember him. Very disrespectful.

Anyone else surprised about "Juno" not winning?. As per usual The Oscars keep up the fine old tradition of picking movies no one but the actors who star in them cares about.

Miraculously they managed to once again stay just under 3.30 hours. Kind of makes you miss the old days of 4 hour Oscar marathons doesn't it? LOL.

No comments: