Monday, August 27, 2007

*Gasp* it's an update!

Yeah, I know I have been a total slacker this past week, what can I say? it's August. Haven't had much to write about. But the drought is finally over at least for the next couple of weeks lol. The U.S. Open Championships begun today so it should provide me with plenty of fodder.

I'm glad it is underway, I have been suffering some serious tennis withdrawal lol. But let's get down to the important stuff, I'm sure every Martina Hingis fan out there is wondering how she's feeling physically but most of all mentally. And if she's ready to compete.

With the break-up of her engagement, and the constant plaguing injuries, it's hard to say how she'll perform in New York. Keeping all that in mind I'm not holding out much hope of her actually winning the tournament (even though her draw is favourable).

As with the last few tournaments I'm going to take it one match at a time with no expectations. Well, ok maybe just one small hope of her actually winning in the first round and perhaps making it into the second week.

Here are some photos of Hingis at Arthur Ashe Kids Day which took place this past Saturday, to tie us all over until tomorrow (when Martina will hopefully play). Which should give us an indication of how she's feeling these days. Gotta say it's nice to see her happy and smiling, especially since she hasn't had much reason to recently.

Martina Hingis having a blast with Ana Ivanovic

Friendly competition of men vs. women
hingis.org

No comments: