Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Chronicles of Narnia Review

To cheer myself up a bit I rented The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe that came out on DVD today.

And I gotta say I was definitely not disappointed. I thought it was a wonderful interpretation of the book.

The movie stayed true to the book I think only 2 or 3 things were changed to make the movie flow better but other than that it was exactly like the book.

Since the book was written so well I don't think the Director had too many problems with the dialogue. I guess the thing that took the longest was all the CGI.

Speaking of the Director I thought New Zealander Andrew Adamson (same guy who directed both Shrek movies) did a wonderful job. And kudos to the casting department for choosing the right actors to play the kids, especially the one who played Lucy Pevensie.

Very believable and engaging performances all around. Also absolutely loved the actress who played the White Witch, she was just as chilling in the movie as she was in the book if not more so kudos to her.

The CGI is pretty amazing as well I loved the beavers, cracked me up:D. The wolves and mythological creatures were also well done.

Then of course there was Aslan himself, they did a wonderful job with him although I'm not sure I would have chosen Liam Neeson as the voice of the lion. I guess they chose him 'cause he does have a very deep one.

And as for the scenery, well this was another excuse for me to watch some more of New Zealand's beautiful landscapes.

For those who don't know I have a total obsession with this particular country lol.

All in all it was very enjoyable, since I read the book as a kid I always wanted to see the movie adaptation and who better to do it then Disney?.

Again they did an outstanding job. And from what I have read Disney plans to turn all 7 books into film so I can't wait for the next one. Although it's a long wait next one doesn't come out till 2007. I think if I had kids this would definitely be the movie I would take them to see. Because its one that adults would thoroughly enjoy as well.

If I had to rate this movie I would give it 4/5 stars, the only thing that was lacking was not enough special features. I would have loved to have seen more of the making of Narnia.

No comments: