Thursday, March 25, 2010

DWTS Season 10 premiere impressions

Yes, I'm a few days late I know.

Truth be told I wasn't too excited about this season when I saw the cast. But I decided to watch anyway (mostly for the banter between Tom Bergeron and the judges).

I honestly don't know whether I'll be watching it regularly at this point so enjoy these general impressions because they may be the only thing I write in regards to this season.

So here we go: season 10 came with many changes, fancy new title graphics, change of venue for post-dance interviews, and a new co-host. WTF?.

Inquiring minds wanna know whatever happened to Samantha. Anyone know?.

Instead we got one of (my fave) former contestants filling in Brooke Burke. And I admit for a first time she did a decent job.

Although the jury is still out on whether she's really cut out for the job (I would have to watch a few more times to make a final decision on that).

But on the the couples themselves.

Chad Ochocinco (yet another NFL guy) & Cheryl Burke

were the first to hit the dance floor with a very wooden looking Cha Cha Cha. With a little more practice he could have some potential but since this is week one anything could happen between now and the finale.

I'm starting to think Edyta really did put a "no football players" clause in her contract. Because if this was a few seasons back she'd be stuck with one for sure.

Something tells me Cheryl doesn't mind though, since I'm sure she's probably thinking the same thing I am anyone is an improvement over last season's Tom Delay ;D.

As for the scores since they don't really matter because elimination is not till next week I won't bother putting them up.

Mark Ballas & Shannen Doherty

were up next with a very stiff/mechanical looking Viennese Waltz. In all fairness it wasn't too bad, I actually expected her to do a lot worse. Again with more practice she might actually become a dancer.

I gotta say whoever made Shannen's dress deserves some mad props. She looked beautiful in it.

Erin Andrews (ESPN Sports broadcaster) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy

danced the Cha Cha. As soon as I saw the rehearsal footage and realized they were both major perfectionists.

Two things immediately came to mind it'll either be very effective or both will implode exiting stage left.

Rumor is though that the two are getting quite close on a personal level (according to t.v. entertainment news). Which again could backfire.

As for the dance itself Bruno thought it was very impressive for a debut I'm inclined to agree.

Jake (The Bachelor) Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower

were next with their Viennese Waltz set to Seals "Kiss From a Rose". Cliche much ABC?. We got it already he's from The Bachelor *rolls eyes*.

Can't recall much about his dancing which I guess speaks for itself *lol*.

Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel

danced a sassy Cha Cha though I honestly think these 2 will get through on entertainment value alone. The dancing wasn't half bad either.

Evan Lysacek & Anna Trebunskaya

went next with their Viennese Waltz given that he's an Olympic figure skater is there any surprise that he did well?.

Although I have to agree with the judges on working more on the connection between his partner and the audience (and not just ignore them as you would if you were skating).

Once he makes that adjustment though I'm sure he'll be headed right for the final. After all let's not forget how Kristi Yamaguchi slayed her competition.

Buzz Aldrin & Ashly Costa

danced the Cha Cha or a poor imitation of one anyway seriously with all due respect the guy has got to go. And with the lowest score of the night he probably will.

Derek Hough & Nicole (pussycat doll) Scherzinger


were next with the only pretty and proper looking Viennese Waltz.

Len thought it only looked that way on the surface but I must agree with Carrie Ann and Bruno I think she set the bar especially considering this is only the beginning.

And I can already tell these 2 will be a hoot with mad chemistry. Two great ingredients if you're trying to win over the public.

Aiden Turner (soap star) & Edyta Sliwinska

their Cha Cha failed to impress the judges who called it stiff Len was the least impressed with the overall routine.

I have to say I didn't really enjoy it either. Edyta's routines can be really hit or miss a lot of the time. If they get another shot I'm sure that's something she'll improve on.

I actually feel sorry for Edyta in 10 years she has never won the Mirror Ball trophy because she gets all these duds. She's professional dancer not a miracle worker. Take note ABC.

Kate Gosseling & Tony Dovoloni

before I say anything let me be upfront about something I DO NOT like this woman actually there isn't a word I could use that even comes close.

Like we really needed to see more of her on our t.v. screens.

In her opening piece she actually said she's a mom of 8 who just happens to be on t.v. uh huh and all that money had absolutely nothing to do with it right?. Yeah and I'm the queen of Egypt.

Bruno thought her Viennese Waltz or more precisly her technique was terrible. Yep, that's pretty much how I would describe it.

I fear that the sudden increase in viewership may have been due to her, but I'm still hoping her diva attitude bites her in the ass and gets her off my t.v. stat.

Pamela Anderson & (new hottie Australian Pro) Damian Whitewood

I actually enjoyed their Cha Cha and thought it was half decent for a first time anyway. The sexyness factor doesn't hurt either.

Though I admit I was distracted with wanting to run a comb through Pamela's hair *lol* (what happened to the hairstylists I wonder). Poor Pam looked like a total mess by the end of the routine.


No comments: