Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kim Clijsters wins Laureus world comeback of the year

Image Source

Martina Hingis won the Laureus award for comeback of the year back in 2006 when she made her second comeback to the sport.

This year that honor belongs to Kim Clijsters (and deservedly so).

Congratulations!. I think I speak for every tennis fanatic when I say it's good to have you back Kim! =).

2010 Laureus World Comeback of the Year Award – Kim Clijsters

"2009 was a very emotional year for me. At the start I lost my father, and then winning the US Open was an unbelievable emotion. It was an experience I never thought would happen so quickly and so soon.

"It was an amazing two weeks. I'm really happy that I decided to come back to tennis, and that I have my family who like to travel and live this adventure with me. Now that Justine Henin and myself are back, I think I've started a trend with ex-tennis players making a return. I think it is only good for the sport."

Source: laureus.com

No comments: