Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DWTS 9: Week 4 Two-Step, Charlston, Bolero & Lambada

This week all the contestants (and their pros) performed 4 brand new dances, and as usual some succeeded more then others.

Anna & Chuck started things off with the Two-Step. This was a perfect fit for Chuck. It was fun entertaining, and energetic. By far his best dance to date.

The scores stayed remarkably the same however 17/30. Hopefully he can get another shot to kick butt next week.

Mark & Melissa boy did she turn it on this week with the Charlston!. Finally she looked like a real dancer with not only great leg work, but theatrics to boot.

Way to jump ahead of the pack Melissa! (I knew you had it in you).

Superb performance, and best scores 28/30 (and she finally got a 10!). Hats off Mark all that tough training is paying off!. Way to rock that mustache too (very Charlie Chaplin).

Alec & Natalie received very mixed comments from the judges, but a very decent score of 24/30.

I thought she did a very elegant Bolero, in fact I was surprised with how graceful it looked.

For someone as tall as she is with such long arms and legs I expected it to look very awkward, but it was just the opposite. It was quite smooth. Nice job.

Karina & Aaron I've said this would happen, and I'll say it again high expectations will get you everytime. Now poor Aaron just can not get it right.

While I agree that maybe he is trying a little too hard at times I think the judges were being too harsh with their comments.

Obviously the guy was trying to make a huge effort to get back on top. With 18/30 for his Lambada Aaron's fans have their work cut out for them.

Lacey & Mark much better effort this week with the Two-Step. No doubt due in large part to Lacey's excellent choreography.

Even their chemistry was back. And they got a higher score then last week too 22/30. So a great improvement all around.

Vote for him people I still wanna see him do the Paso.


Louis & Kelly
Nice to finally see some confidence in her dance steps. The Charlston proved just how great of a dancer she is. Too bad the scores didn't reflect it though, what's with the 23/30?.


Derek & Joanna
as soon as I heard Derek was doing the Lambada I knew he would not disappoint. He is the king of choreography and raunch.

In fact if that dance was anymore sexy I would need a cold shower!. Btw. thank you to the t.v. gods for shirtless Derek.

I was a bit surprised with the scores though, I thought it deserved a lot higher then 26/30.

Kym & Donny
put his showmanship skills into full gear resulting in a highly entertaining Charlston. Props for surprising me yet again. 24/30 ain't too bad.

Anna & Michael Sorry to say but I'm almost certain he'll be in the bottom 2 yet again. That was the worst Bolero of the night.

Perhaps he won't need to worry though since I'm sure Louie will be joining him in the same category.

Chelsie & Louie wow what happened to the choreography in this one?. Poor Louie was left to shuffle his feet while Chelsie did all the leg work. I guess she isn't really a big fan of the 2-Step.

Too bad really he's been making nice progress each week.

Hopefully he'll get a chance to continue on with something that actually suits him.

With both Louie and Michael earning an identical 16/30. It's anyone's guess as to who goes home (personally I'm hoping for Michael).

Dmitry & Mya ended the night on a high. With a jointly choreographed hot Lambada (though I still liked Derek's better).

They earned 28/30 tying them for first place on the judges leader board with Derek and Joanna.

No comments: