Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DWTS: The Finals pt. 2

It was nice to see all of this season's stars back on the dance floor once more. Some more then others.

Lil' Kim and Chuck in particular. I still can't belive that girl didn't make it to the finals. I demand a re-vote damn it!.

Btw. I think America did well with choosing the new professional dancer (who I guess will be replacing Julianne).

Anna Demitrova (sp?) seems like a wonderful addition to the DWTS family and I'm looking forward to seeing some of her routines as she whips the newest group of celebs into shape next season.

But enough about that moving on the highly anticipated finale. Each remaining couple took the floor one last time with their favourite dances.

Tony & Melissa reprised their sultry Samba (my favourite dance of hers). With a total of 86/90 it was close, but in the end she fell short.

It was a surprise since a lot of people had her pegged as the victor. Despite her loss I am so grateful to her for joining the cast.

If nothing else Tony finally got to show off his talents with an equally compatent partner. So thank you Melissa :).

I'm curious has Tony ever won the Mirror Ball Trophy? (I only started watching in S5).

Mark & Shawn
chose to reprise the Cha-Cha as their final dance (which got them their first 10 of the season) and performed it to perfection.

Cheryl & Gilles went with their sexy Argentine Tango once more ending up with a tie for first place with Shawn and Mark who received 88/90.

With the closest results the show has had in years. The viewers votes were all that was separating the champion from the runner-up.

In the end it was another Olympic athlete who took home the trophy as I predicted.

Though when I made that prediction last night I honestly thought Gilles' hotness would help garner him the necessary viewer votes to make him the winner, but I guess that can only take you so far.

Clearly the American audience was just as impressed with Shawn's skills in the free-style as I was.

I loved Shawn's expression of total surprise, and squeel of delight as she heard her name called at the end. It was a well deserved win and a thoroughfully enjoyable ride. Congrats to Shawn and Mark =).

I am already counting the days till season 9!.

If the new cast of celebs is half as charismatic and talented as this one has been, we'll be in for another great season. Looking forward to it.



No comments: