Monday, March 23, 2009

DWTS: Week 3 Foxtrot and Samba

After skipping the re-cap of last year's competition. I decided to share my thoughts on this one.

I'll stick with overall observations and impressons only, and will try for a more detailed re-cap (with scores and judges comments) next week since those require note taking.

A couple of weeks ago when the competition first started I honestly didn't think I would have any opinions on the season, or its contasts because a lot of the celebs I was interested in dropped out (Charlie Sheen, Jewel, Nancy O'Dell, Billy Bush) due to injuries, and what I would guess to be personal reasons.

Thus forcing ABC to get some last minute replacements. But after watching tonight I've discovered some favourtes worth rooting for.

My absolute fave dancing pair at the moment is Olympic gymnist Shawn Johnston and Mark Ballas.

Those two couldn't be more of a perfect match. Both are driven perfectionists (but without the overbearing factor).

I was very surprised by how well she's been doing in the competition. She seems to posses an innate ability to perform all types of dances with extreme ease. So far she's definitely the one to watch out for.

Another big surprise is the batchelor cast-off (and last minute replacement) Melissa Rycroft. I'm sure her background in ballet helps quite a bit, but still very impressive.

What better way to bounce back from being dumped on national t.v. then by showing your hidden dancing talent. I say good for her!.

I also really like french actor Gilles Marini (who I'm not familiar with) & Cheryl Burke. Boy, tonight he certainly showed that he can shake his bon-bon better then Ricki Martin!.

And I'm sure Cheryl is very happy to finally get a decent partner, since she's been stuck with a lot of duds in the past.

Derek Hough also lucked out by getting Lil' Kim as his partner. They're both hard workers so that really works, and could get them very far in the competition.

And I do so enjoy watching that man shake his booty on the dance floor ;D.

The one contest I currently feel the most sympathy for is poor Jackass creator Steve-O. That man has had so many injuries already and we are bearly to the half-way point.

It's almost funny really considering the kinds of stunts he pulls on his show.

I give him huge credit for hanging in there and persovering despite all that. I'm rooting for him as the underdog.

I've also got a soft spot for rodeo athlete (and husband of Jewel) Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower (one of the two new proffesionals added this seasons).

Maybe it's that cowby charm. But you can really tell he's trying, and the effort payed off tonight. He's without a doubt the most improved non-proffesional thus far.

Then there's Football player Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska. Is it me, or does she always get the football players?. Huh.

I guess the producers figured since she's done such a good job with them in the past they might as well continue to give them all to her.

David Alen Grier I've never been a big fan of, but he did a good job with his dance this week. So he could be around for a while.

Julianne Hough is of course dancing with her real life boyfriend Chuck Wicks. They're an interesting pair.

I was glad to see him finally show some moves instead of allowing Julianne to do all the work. He's certainly easy on the eyes too.

Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy these two are the exact oppisate of Shawn and Mark. If there was ever a bad match-up in dancing these two would be it.

Max is too much of a perfectionist and Denise is too much of a thinker. If she doesn't learn to relax and stop overanalyzing and obssesing over her steps I'm afraid she won't get very far.

As for who should get the boot this week for once I am in complete agreement with Carrie Ann. The Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has got to go.

To quote her "the novelty has worn off". I still can't believe Belinda Carlisle got the boot before him!.

No comments: