Monday, March 16, 2009

Busy

Ok, so I've been a bad blogger again, but unlike all those other times of luckluster updates this time I actually have good reasons.

My mom and I are getting ready to go back home to Poland for the summer in mid-June.

We've been running around like crazy getting our passports ready, getting our tickets, and all the other good stuff one needs to consider when travelling.

I can happily report, that we are now about half-way there. We received our passports last week (my first Canadian Passport after 14 years yay! *lol*).

I was actually surprised by how well the picture turned out usually I look absolutely atrocious on all my goverment documents. Hats off to the photographer.

The week prior we found a great air travel deal. So we are all set. Well, almost now we just need to find some really good luggage.

This year for the first time ever we'll be flying on our national (Polish) airline so that will be interesting. I hear the food is really good (or as good as airplane food could be I guess).

I was debating on whether to go or not because I'm not a good traveller, and I'm really not fond of planes. But after much soul-searching and deliberation I decided the pros outweigh the cons.

I must admit that just the thought of going home after 12 years is quite unsettling.

I think I'm most afraid of that outsider feeling that will undboutedly surface (despite being among family and friends).

Which is ironic because the last time I felt like this was the first time I stepped foot in Canada.

Aside from that apprehension though I am really looking forward to seeing my whole family again. Especially my grandmother.

I miss that feeling of closeness that we always had when I was growing up. And I miss that big family atmosphere that you can only get when you're around one another.

I'm looking forward to seeing my childhood friends again as well.

Although I am also extremely disappointed that the one friend I really wanted to reunite with will not be able to make it.

Actually I don't think disappointed is a strong enough word. Crushed might be more accurate.

The disadvantages of living in different countries really suck sometimes. Guess it's just another reason for me to head over to England one of these days.

And although I will miss many things here at home (my cockatiel, my dad and most importantly the comfort of my own bed).

I'm really looking forward to a month of humid-free, worry-free vacation.

No comments: