Monday, April 28, 2008

Dancing with the Stars (week 6)

Well, this week was double duty night again for all the celebrity dancers who had to learn two brand new individual routines.

Marissa and Tony started off the night with a really great Samba and received their highest score yet (three 9's).

Their Rumba didn't score quite as high but still very well done, I'm really impressed with Marissa and I'm glad she's still in the competition.

As I said last week she's really working her buns off and it shows. I might even go as far as to say she's turning into a real contender. I thought Marissa looked awesome in her dress too.

Kristi and Mark's winning streak finally broke and they did not receive the highest scores of the night.

I guess the judges have started to expect nothing less then perfection from her and when they didn't get it, the scores went down. Marissa and Tony actually got a higher score, never thought I would see that lol.

It could be that Mark is cracking under the pressure of having to do two dances, or perhaps he's reliving bad memories from losing at this point in the competition last season.

Despite the low scores I don't think they are in any danger. If they do get the boot I will be shocked.

I don't mention Mario and Karina a lot because even though he's good, I don't think he will make it to the end and same goes for Cristian and Cheryl.

I did feel really sorry for Cristian tonight with him injuring his arm during the second dance. Based on the fact that he didn't get to finish his dance the voters might give him another chance.

Derek and Shannon delivered a very aggressive Tango and tied their score with Marissa and Tony at 27. Their second dance was not as effective.

Jason and Edyta really bounced back from last week's disappointing performance with 29/30 for their quick step. I thought Jason was superb and I loved the hand stand at the end.

Glad Len agrees with me about Jason being in the final I knew I wasn't the only one:D. Their Paso Doble give them a 55/60 in total for both dances making them the score leaders for the first time in weeks beating Kristi and Mark (yay!).

As I've been saying all season long, if there were 2 people who could take the mirror ball trophy away from Kristi and Mark those two would be it and I believe that even more after tonight.

Oh, and just one more comment on Jason's Paso Doble, though it was very good it once again could not rival Mel and Max's.

My predictions for who will be leaving tomorrow either Derek and Shannon or Mario and Karina despite their improvement this week.

And it could be Cheryl and Cristian but as I've said I think the viewers might do a sympathy vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I disagree with you about the possibility of Mark reliving or going under with the pressure of what happened to him last year. He did seem stressed out, but did you see their Cha-cha-cha? It was definitely hot! That deserved perfect 10s, but old "cranky pants" didn't like a couple of things about the dance. He needs to be more objective as a judge. The audience loved it!!! I think they overscore Jason on his dances - he's a likable person, but the best this season by far is Mark and Kristi. Mark's a great choreographer and dancer. I hope they go all the way.