Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dancing with the Stars (week 4)

Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark started things off with their paso doble and got a high score as per usual. But unlike all the previous weeks one couple was able to equal their score of 29/30 which was nice to see.

I have to say although I thought Mark and Kristi paso doble was very good, I'm always going to compare it to last year's raw dominance that was Mel and Max. I don't think any of the couples managed to get it up to the same level as those two.

Up to this point I have been saying that Kristi and Mark are the ones to beat, after tonight I'm adding Jason and Edyta to that list.

I still can't believe that guy plays football. Man, is he awesome on the dance floor. Now I give a lot of credit to Edyta of course, but I think he's also got a lot of natural talent.

Marlee and Fabian were fabulous as always, so fab in fact that they brought Carrie-Ann to tears. Marlee danced a very elegant Viennese Waltz.

I was quite impressed with how she handled it, especially considering the fact all those spins and turns were no doubt 10 times as difficult due to her deafness. It was a really pretty dance so good going Marlee!.

She received a score of 24/30 (2 points higher than last week). I actually thought she deserved one more, but I'm sure she'll do even better in the latin round next week.

I would really love to see Marlee and Jason make it all the way up to the semi-finals and take the trophy from Kristi (I don't think I'm being too presumtious with that unless she really screws up or people stop liking her she's in the final).

Precila and Louis did another very pretty Viennese Waltz. And ok, hands up those who didn't see the Carrie-Ann lift comment coming from a mile away? lol. 22/30 is not bad not as good as in the past but still nothing to cry about I don't think I'm sure she'll make it through.

Adam and Julianne, ok let me start off by saying I don't like the guy and the Zorro unicycle routine was really weird, but at the same time I couldn't stop watching LOL. On some twisted level it was entertaining.

I think it's safe to say that Julianne's chances of winning this year are next to nil. But at least she's enjoying herself, or as much as one can with an unpredictable comedian for a partner (half the time she looks like she wants to punch him LOL). With a score of 19/30 I think they'll be the ones to go tonight.

Mario and Karina, although I'm not really a fan of this guy either I have to give him credit for a much better effort compared to last week.

Derek and Shannon, she's definitely another person with natural talent for dancing. A well deserved 28/30. I think she'll be sticking around too.

And last but not least Marissa and Tony, finally! she showed those judges off. Nice going. She worked her butt off in the paso doble and it showed.

I actually thought they deserved at least one 9. But, hey 24/30 their highest score yet. Here's hoping they continue to climb up.

No comments: