Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hingis retirement rumors rise again

What's with all this retirement talk again?, every time she withdraws from a tournament without citing a reason people automatically go to retirement.

Didn't Hingis say in a recent interview she was not even entertaining that thought?. In fact I think it was in this interview.

Personally I think due to being in a bit of a rut professionally she's simply mentally exhausted and needs some time to regroup and re-energize.

I've read that she's planning on playing in Zurich in mid October, so we'll see how things go. In any case I definitely think we'll be seeing her next year, she put in too much work in 2006 to quit again.

And unless her physical injuries get much worse, (which I don't think they will or have as some have been debating), she'll be sticking around for a while yet.

I mean, hell why shouldn't she?. Davenport came back after her supposed retirement (after becoming a mother and nagging physical injuries).

And she's totally kicking butt at the moment!. Who knows? maybe Lindsay will inspire others (like Kim Clijsters for instance) to make her comeback as well.

If there's one thing I've learned about this sport it's that nothing is impossible and to never rule things out.



No comments: