Friday, October 12, 2007

Hingis ends the 2007 Tennis season early

It looks like Martina decided not to play Zurich Open after all. Which I think was a good decision, it will give her hip more time to heal, and maybe help her refocus so she can start the 2008 season with the same drive and success she had in 2006.

And, no I don't think the comment she makes at the end of the article means she is stepping away from tennis permanently. In fact I hope she does take as much time as she needs, so that she can come back and be at her best again. And I have no doubt she will be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lurker - thanks for the link to On the Baseline!

At the moment, it sounds like Hingis just wants to take a break to rest her hip, plus with the season almost over, she had no chance to qualify for Madrid anyway.

Hopefully, she'll be back to her normal self in Australia, especially because she has always played her best tennis Down Under.

Lurker said...

Yep, I think that's what everyone is hoping. Plus I think the break will be good for her in terms of her mental status as well. Help her come to terms with her break up.