Thursday, August 29, 2013

Roger Federer moves into 3rd round in routine fashion at U.S. Open




Once again I love the shoes! 
Roger Federer was in good form on Thursday when he reached the US Open third round.
Federer, the No. 7 seed and 2004-08 champion, defeated Argentine Carlos Berlocq 6-3, 6-2, 6-1.
“I feel at home here, after everything that has happened,” said Federer, in an on-court interview. “I am happy with my performance today. I am results-orientated now. I don’t mind how I play, as long as I win.”
Federer hit 37 winners and converted seven of his 13 break points opportunities for victory in one hour and 35 minutes. Berlocq dropped to 0-17 against Top 10 players in the Emirates ATP Rankings. 
“It's one of those matches I expect myself to win if possible in straight sets, and gain confidence in the process,” said Federer. “All those things happened, so I'm pleased about it.”
The 32-year-old Swiss is now 50-1 in major championship second round matches and will next play No. 26 seed Sam Querrey or Adrian Mannarino

I don't mind how you play as long as you win either Roger, as long as it's not ugly.  
I liked the way he served in the first round vs the second (with his 12 aces). But a win is a win.  Onward to next round.

No comments: