Sunday, August 11, 2013

Novak Djokovic's father continues to attack Federer

In recent days Srdjan Djokovic has been in the news for making attacks on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal while speaking to a Serbian newspaper, Kurir, and amazingly enough once again Djokovic’s father has attacked Swiss tennis star Federer.


Once again while speaking to Kurir, the World No. 1’s father said, “First of Novak and his generation of tennis were very boring. There was talk only of Federer, it was all focused on him. Novak instead with the sport has changed; everything has become much more fun. “
This is the second time he has attacked Federer the first time he said that while Federer may be the best player in the history of the sport, “as a man he is completely opposite.” He went on to say that his son maybe the only player to display the same behaviour both on and off court.
In the meantime Novak has repeated that he is not responsible for his father’s words.
Yeah ok we get it  Ra-Ra Djokovic he's the best. 
Don't get me wrong I like the guy and I enjoy the way he plays the game (though I certainly didn't in the beginning).  
Because I can recall several times back in '06 '07 and even further back when Djokovic wasn't such a graceful sportsman or cool customer, somehow his father seems to have conveniently forgotten that. 
He used to play the head games and call a trainer out on court every time he was losing, and I'm sure I recall some rocket smashes. 
Also in regards to displaying different behaviour on and off court?, um yeah Roger is pretty much a cucumber 24/7 so I don't know what the heck he's referring to.  
With Roger it's pretty much what you see is what you get.  In fact that whole respect for your opponents & history of the sport thing?, that has been perfectly exemplified by Roger with his 300+ weeks as the number one player in the world.  
And it continues to this day. Also I don't know what he means when he says Roger's matches are boring, the man has plenty of fun on the court.  
I don't usually post this kind of negative gossip, but since this kept reappearing I had to get my two cents in on the matter.

No comments: