Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Serena puts her foot in her mouth once more @ U.S. Open

Serena Williams wasn’t a fan of one of the umpires overseeing her U.S. Open women’s final match Sunday.


The tennis star unleashed on chair umpire Eva Asderaki after getting called for violating an “intentional hindrance” rule during her match with Samantha Stosur.

During the first game of the second set, Williams yelled “Come on!” at the ball she’d served before it reached Stosur, but Asderaki called hindrance on Williams, which gave Stosur the break point – and the game.


Williams apparently was unaware of the rule. She first asked Asderaki if she was “the one who screwed me over last time? Yeah you are” – a reference to her getting penalized in 2009 after yelling at a line judge.
She later went off again (as transcribed by Gawker):


“If you ever see me walking down the hall, look the other way, because you're out of control... You're totally out of control, you're a hater, and you're unattractive inside. Who would do such a thing? And I never complain. Wow... We're in America last I checked. Can I get a water or am I gonna get violated for a water? Really, don't even look at me! I promise you, don't look at me, 'cause I am not the one. Don't look my way.”

THR.com



intentional hindrance Rickey.org by caseycarlsonx1


So I didn't bother watching the women's U.S. Open finals this past weekend and apparently this is what I missed.

Seriously?!.  You would think she had learned something from 2 years ago.

Word of advice Serena if you're going to commit the same offence at least do it at a different tournament.

And I can't believe her punishment was to pay $2000.

That's not even half the amount she payed the first time.

I guess this outburst wasn't deemed as life threatening seeing as she didn't use the words "kill you" in a sentence, but still.

The woman really needs to learn to rein in her ego, stop being a sore loser and just accept when she's being outplayed instead of taking it out on the officials.

They are just doing their job.


No comments: