Sunday, December 14, 2008

Evan Rachel Wood to star in Spider-man: The Musical

Looks like Evan Rachel Wood fans, will soon be able to see her on Broadway. She has signed on to play Mary-Jane Watson in the Spider-man Musical.

I remember reading about this earlier in the year, didn't think it was true, frankly I thought it was a ridiculous joke.

Now that I know who's involved with it, I'm taking it a lot more seriously. And instead of shaking my head at the thought I find myself strangely intrigued.

I guess ever since starring in Across the Universe Evan has really caught the singing bug. And rightfully so, a lot of people know her for her great acting ability, but not many know that she's also a singer of equal skill.

As a long time fan of her acting I've always known that she's a great singer. I'm glad that she has decided to finally show that talent off.

Maybe one of these days she'll actually do an album. Oh, and speaking of Across the Universe the Spider-man Musical is turning into a reunion of sorts.

The musical is being directed by Julie Taymor and Across the Universe co-star Jim Sturgess is rumored to be up for the leading role (of Peter Parker).

And if that's not enough Bono of U2 (who also sang and appeared in the aforementioned movie) wrote the music for it.

Rehearsals for the musical start in June.

No comments: