Monday, May 12, 2008

Dancing with the Stars: Semi-Finals

Well, we're down to 4 competitors. Edyta and Jason started the semi's off with a very elegant Foxtrot.

I had no idea a Foxtrot could look elegant, but that's exactly what Jason pulled off. And it worked for the judges as well earning him a score of 28/30 for the first round.

I've said this many times in the past 9 weeks, but I absolutely love the way this man dances. He just has this beautiful way of gliding gracefully across the floor making it look almost effortless.

Marissa and Tony were next with their Quick Step and it was almost flawless except for one small slip up on a turn towards the end.

I actually thought the dance was quite well done (especially considering the complexity of the moves involved).

Based on that I thought the scores should have been a tad higher then 26/30 (well ok she did get one point more compared to last week for the same dance so I guess that's a small improvement).

Last week's top scorers Cristian and Cheryl performed a very pretty Viennese Waltz. I seriously have to hand it to this guy, he's done a complete 180 since injuring his arm and is dancing better then ever. The judges give him a decent score of 27/30 for his efforts.

Kristi and Mark Tangoed to try and reclaim the top spot on the judges leader board and managed to do just that with a dance just short of perfection and a score of 29/30.

I disagree with Len on his comment about the Tango being hectic. I thought the change of pace from fast to slow worked really well and made it more interesting then the traditional one.

Next it was time for the Latin Round again. Jason and Edyta begun with the Paso Doble.

And I thought this one was ten times better then his first one earlier in the competition. The choreography was much more interesting and he showed more dominance and power.

An element that I thought was missing the first time he did this dance. The score didn't reflect his level of improvement however and he only got 27/30. Giving them an overall total of 55/60.

Marissa and Tony were next with a very intimate Rumba. It was good but not as good as their previous dances (it could just be the dance style itself) the technicality of it doesn't allow a dancer to show off or do anything fancy. I thought she did well with the technical aspects of it. And it earned her a 26/30 for a total of 52/60.

Cristian was working his Latin charm aka his abs lol with the Samba. Which of course was the dance responsible for his arm injury.

There were no accidents this time however. He did a sizzling Samba which got him an almost perfect score of 29/30. And total of 56/60 making him the second highest score of the night after Kristi and Mark.

Kristi and Mark ended the night with a slightly different rendition of their jive from 2 weeks prior (for which they received a perfect score).

This time they were not so lucky and only managed a 28/30. The dance may not have been as technically sound as the previous one, but it was still just as much fun to watch.

I have not mentioned who I think might stay in the competition, because it is now all up to the fans. So there could be a few surprises. The scores really don't matter. Whoever has the biggest fan-base will be the victor.

If I had to pick I would go with Kristy and Mark, Cristian and Cheryl and Edyta and Jason as the final 3. Though I think Marissa may stick around if the Xena-verse has anything to say about it, but we'll see.

I'm not going to hazard a guess on the winner, because I like all the remaining couples too much and I can't decide who I want to win more lol.

One thing is for sure, tomorrow night is going to be one heck of a nail-biter!.

No comments: