Thursday, April 13, 2017

Andre Agassi: Roger Federer can play for 4 or 5 more years

Last month Roger Federer signed a three-year contract with Basel event until 2019, when he will turn 38. Playing until that year would mean being on the ATP Tour for two years and a half more, but according to Andre Agassi the Swiss tennis player would be able to play also until 2022 when he will be 41. 

Asked if seeing Federer still competitive makes Agassi think that he could have played more, the former American player himself, interviewed by Marca, said: 'No no. Coming back I would have probably called it a career before. 

Every tennis player has a different career and each one has his reason to retire. In my case my body had told me to stop and I didn't have other choice. Also, I never had Roger's game. For me it was easy, but it seems that he can keep going for other four or five years. The only thing I can say is that when the end comes, it comes in a fast way and you do not expect it. Something happens and everything changes.'

No comments: