Friday, December 09, 2016

Roger Federer training in Dubai in preparation for return in January


Roger Federer's comeback is closer and closer. The Swiss player is practicing hard in Dubai, where he arrived a month ago to continue his pre-season, with the World No. 141 Ernesto Escobedo, a 20-year-old player from America.

Federer is in Dubai with all his team: it means his physical trainer Pierre Paganini, his two coaches Severin Luthi and Ivan Ljubicic. Here is Roger and Escobedo with their own teams.

2017 season will be very interesting not only to see how Federer will play but also the other top players.

Federer, who these days practiced with Mackenzie McDonald as well, will make his comeback at the Hopman Cup where he will play alongside his compatriot Belinda Bencic, who said she is excited to play with Roger. 

'It's a dream come true. I can't believe I will play with Roger. I mean, me, Belinda Bencic. I am so happy, not many people can say they played alongside Federer in doubles. Hopefully I am not too much nervous', Bencic told Blick. They will play their first match on Monday January 2 against the British players Dan Evans and Heather Watson.

No comments: