Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Martina Hingis on maturity at 36

Tennis - Former World No. 1 Martina Hingis says she is happy and content with her life at the age of 36. Hingis says she is happy with her 2016 season, during which she won the Australian Open with Sania Mirza and the Olympic silver medal with Timea Bacsinzsky. In an interview to Blick, the Swiss star says,


"I do not live so much in the past. Sure, it was a beautiful year. Winnning the silver medal with Timea Bacsinszky at the Olympic Games is one of the highlights of the year. The Swiss tennis team had some bumps. In the end Timea and I stayed. And we made a little miracle."

Talking about her preference for the winter season, Hingis says, 

"Yes. I'm not a beachgirl. I love the winter, the snow, the mountains and lakes and rivers. I like sitting in front of a fireplace. And I have time. For me, for my horse, for the family."
Talking about her age and rising to the top as a teenager, Hingis says, 

"36 is probably a good age for a woman. You have experienced things, you have a certain maturity, you feel attractive. I came at 15 into this glittering world. Practically from day to day. This is not always easy. At 16, you can not control everything. At 17, the hormones came. I have always been an open-minded person, and have preserved this innocence and openness to this day. I still see the good in people. Of course you will be more cautious. But I want to stay the way I am. I'm an emotional girl with lots of ups and downs. That sometimes helps."

tennisworldusa.org

As someone who's about to turn 35 in a few days, I have to agree. 

No comments: