Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Kim Clijsters signs on as channel 7 Australia commentator

TENNIS legend Kim Clijsters has signed on to be a commentator for Channel 7 during the Australian Open tennis.

“I have done some guest spots on several occasions but this will be a different role of analysing,” the former Australian Open champion said.

“Having had so much playing experience on Rod Laver Arena, I can’t wait to give the viewers some of that intimate knowledge and experience.”

“I’ve watched the Channel 7 broadcast since I first came to Australia as a teenager.

“It will certainly be a thrill to work alongside Bruce McAvaney and the team.”

Clijsters, who is incredibly popular in Melbourne, said she was excited to be coming back.

“It’s been four years since my last Australian Open and five years since I won – a lot has happened since then,” she said.

“Australia has been like a second home to me and I have great memories of Melbourne and can’t wait to come back.”

Clijsters believes if Serena Williams is fit, she will be hard to beat.

“The first major of the year is always a tough one to predict as everyone has had a break and sometimes it takes a while to work there way back into form,” she said.

“Barring all the injury scares, if Serena is fully fit she still looks pretty invincible.”

No comments: