Thursday, April 10, 2014

Roger Federer's hair debate

With all of the other questions he is asked on almost a daily basis during tournaments, perhaps the most amusing – or ludicrous – are the ones pertaining to Roger Federer’s notable head of lush dark-brown hair.


The styling adventures of the Swiss look have been the subject of years of speculation and observation, with last year’s unfortunate – and inadvertent – short cut grown back as quickly as possible to headband length.



All of the hoopla leaves Federer mildly amused. “I don’t know what they say about my hair, people are crazy in general about hair (smiling).


“It keeps on changing. Weather makes your hair go crazy with the humidity – everybody hates it. So it goes curly. Some then love the curls; some don’t. It’s a bit too much sometimes.”


Federer says that he catches his haircuts when and if as necessary depending on where he is in the world. “I’ve actually got in the habit of just going to hairdressers just like that, because sometimes in Switzerland it’s not so simple because I’m busy so I do it on the road.


“But on the road where do you go? I remember I have gone down the street at some hotel in a country and my hair was super short. I’m like, Oh, my God. That was last year. And then in hindsight I was happy I did it. It was fresh, it was new, and you let it grow then a little bit.


“But with my hairstyle I feel like I need to go a lot, which is a bit annoying. So sometimes I just I don’t have the time and energy to go. But it’s about almost time again, in my opinion, “he said in Miami before returning to Switzerland for Davis Cup this week in Geneva. “We will see what happens.”


10sballs.com


I've always wondered about that myself, questions answered. Thanks Internets!

No comments: