Monday, July 29, 2013

Roger Federer could miss Rogers Cup due to back problems

Roger Federer has revealed that he could miss the upcoming Rogers Cup in Montreal as he struggles with an ongoing back problem.

The 31-year-old recently suffered his third-straight defeat to a player ranked outside the world's top 50 when he lost in the first round of the Swiss Open to Daniel Brands.

"I've had serious problems with the back; I had to get some anti-inflammatories last week in Hamburg due to the pain," Tennis.com quotes the world number five as saying.

"I will have to do a lot of exercises and see how it all feels. My main priority now is to fix my back. I would love to be able to train at 100%.

"I'll have to see if the rehab is enough to let me play in Montreal. If it is, I'll go; if not, then it gives me another week."

The Rogers Cup gets underway on August 5.


sportsmole.co.uk

Damn, and I was really looking forward to watching him play, but I would rather he was 100% for the U.S. Open.

No comments: