Friday, May 27, 2011

Roland Garros implements no interview transcripts rule :(

“We are very sorry, we have been asked by the International Tennis Writers Association not to release the transcripts of post-match interviews this year so as not to disadvantage the reporters here at the French Open. You can find many of the relevant quotes in the articles posted on our website.” - Roland-Garros team


The blogger at anygivensurface.wordpress.com eloquently summarizes the issue and lists all the reasons why this is a disastrous idea far better then I could.  
So head on over there for the entire story.
I certainly hope this doesn't become true for all grand slams.  That would quite honestly suck.  
Aside from all the reasons mentioned I would think a lot of international fans who may not understand/hear an interviewers question, or a players answer in a t.v. interview certainly rely on these as well (I know I do!).

No comments: