Sunday, December 06, 2009

Alyson Hannigan says no to Joss-less 'Buffy' movie

Remember that proposed Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie we told you about that wouldn't involve creator Joss Whedon or any of the TV show cast?

Well, Alyson Hannigan, who played Willow, says she wants no part of it.

Speaking to Cinemablend, the How I Met Your Mother star said: "Yeah, and that's a very big mistake, in my opinion," adding, "I mean, if Joss isn't involved, it's only the title."

And without Joss, there's no way they'll get her involved in it. Not even for a cameo. She says, "Not without Joss. Joss is the only reason that we would go back. I mean, it's just ridiculous to think of that TV show without Joss. That's just silly to me. ... And all the fans know that, too, so I don't know what they're thinking."

If you're like us, as much we loved Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy, Alyson's adorably nerdy Willow was always our favorite. Even when she got all veiny and evil. Maybe especially then.

As for this proposed remake, as Willow would say: "Bored now."

Source: scifiwire

Pretty much a no brainer, but nice to know Alyson is not afraid to voice her honest opinion on the subject.


No comments: