Friday, November 13, 2009

Fox gives Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse' the boot :(

This has been a busy week for cancellations. The latest addition to the TV graveyard: Dollhouse.

According to multiple insiders, Fox has informed Joss Whedon that it will not be ordering additional installments of his low-rated drama beyond the current 13-episode order. On the bright side, the network still plans to burn off the remaining unaired episodes beginning in December. Hey, it’s something.

Dollhouse has been averaging a mere 3 million viewers this season. Last season — when fan support, together with significant budget cuts, helped it to get an odds-defying second-year pickup — the show averaged 4.7 million.

Bottom line: Dollhouse is lucky it ever saw a second season. Remember that when you’re posting your eulogies below.

UPDATE: Whedon just posted the following statement on Whedonesque.com: “I don’t have a lot to say. I’m extremely proud of the people I’ve worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you’ll agree in the coming months. I’m grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again. I’m off to pursue Internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I’ve read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you’ll know what my next project is. But for now, there’s a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear. Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again.”

Source: EW.com

Let's face it as much as I didn't want this to happen I knew it was only a matter of time.

It's too bad though once again a brilliant show got killed before it really got the chance to hit it's stride.

At least Fox is actually airing the rest of the eps that were filmed, that's something to be grateful for I guess.

Whatever Joss plans to do next I hope it doesn't involve anything with Fox.

Psst, Joss here is an idea next time screw the networks and just go with cable ;).



No comments: