Monday, April 13, 2009

DWTS: Week 6 Jive and Rumba

Chelsie & Ty kicked things off tonight with a cowboy Jive. The judges were not impressed and only give him 18/30 for his efforts.

I really enjoyed it personally. Although I think he could be the one to go home this week I have to give him huge props for continually giving his all despite mediocre results.

Mark & Shawn were next with a sensually romantic Rumba. I thought Shawn did an outsanding job once again.

She's always so uncomfortable in rehersals, but as soon as they get on the stage she makes it look good no matter what the style. All credit to Mark for his great teaching method. I thought the score of 26/30 was much lower then she deserved.

Edyta & Lawrence Well what do you know?, the man can dance!. Not only that he actually knows how to loosen up. I was beginning to think he was incapable of it.

In fact when I heard he was doing the Jive I thought it was going to be awkward and disastrous (especially for a man of his size). But he somehow managed to make it look energetic and fun. I wholeheartedly agree with Len his best dance and best score (22/30) to date.

Tony & Melissa After last weeks slight stumble she made a great comeback with the Rumba, receiving the second highest score of the night 27/30. She's a definite contender and I'll be really mad if she doesn't make it to the final week.

Derek & Kim The Hough choreography strikes again. This was by far the best Jive of the evening. Full of awesome acrobatics and tricks.

That Partick Swayze-like move off the judges table was inspired! :). With 28/30 they became the new score board leaders this week. Beating out what I thought to be the flawless frenchman, Gilles. Bruno and Carrie Ann give them 10, but Len the party pooper couldn't even summen a 9.

Lacey & Steve-O Len and Bruno thought their Rumba was really bad, but I thought the opposite. I'm in agreement with Carrie Ann there was something about it that made it quite enjoyable.

He really sold it. Now I don't think he has the chops to win or anything, but he continues to show great progress. With 16/30 he's gonna need a lot of votes again, or he will be eliminated for sure.

Cheryl & Gilles electrifying Jive scored surprisingly low with the judges. They only received a 26/30.

I think Cheryl forgot that he's not actually a professional, and got a little too ambitious with her routine. Making them lose points as a result. Also kudos to Gilles for really working the sex appeal with his leather vest.

Julianne & Chuck Phew, that was one HOT Rumba!. Finally I actually believe these two are a couple. But their smoldering chemistry didn't garnder them too high a score only 23/30.

Note to Len tonight, either loosen up, or go back on your meds. I like you much better when you're not being an old fuddy daddy!.

No comments: