Thursday, February 20, 2020

Roger Federer underwent right knee surgery set to return on the grass in June

Roger Federer announced today that he will return to competitive tennis during the grass-court swing, after undergoing right knee surgery in Switzerland on Wednesday.

“My right knee has been bothering me for a little while,” Federer announced on Twitter. “I hoped it would go away, but after an examination, and discussion with my team, I decided to have arthroscopic surgery in Switzerland yesterday. After the procedure, the doctors confirmed that it was the right thing to have done and are very confident of a full recovery.

“As a result, I will unfortunately have to miss Dubai, Indian Wells, Bogota, Miami and the French Open. I am grateful for everyone’s support. I can’t wait to be back playing again soon, see you on the grass!”

The 38-year-old, who reached the Australian Open semi-finals (l. to Djokovic) last month, also underwent arthroscopic left knee surgery on 3 February 2016, limiting him to seven tournaments that season.

atptour.com

4 months is an awful  long drought without Roger in the draw, but I would rather he's back to 100% healthy so he can play for a few more years. 

And the last time he had arthroscopic knee surgery he came back after a 6 month break and won 2 Grand Slams. 

I would not mind that happening again. 

Strange how this happened the same month as 4 years ago, just at the end of February instead of the start. 

Get well soon Roger!. The tennis world is going to miss you.

No comments: