Sunday, April 26, 2015

Martina Navratilova ends coaching partnership with Agnieszka Radwanska

After almost four months together, Agnieszka Radwanska and Martina Navratilova are officially done their coaching relationship, Radwanska announced through her Twitter account on Friday afternoon.

Navratilova was brought on in December as one of the first supercoaches on the women's tour, a trend that has become increasingly popular on the men's tour, in the hopes that her 18 Grand Slam titles and former World No.1 status would bring the former World No.2 closer to her first Grand Slam title.

Radwanska, whose best result so far in 2015 has been a semifinal run on home soil at the Katowice Open, will continue to work with her main coach, Tomasz Wiktorowski. Here's the Radwanska tweet:

I just wanted to thank Martina for her time and efforts over these last few months. It was a great experience to work with one of the all time greats. However, we both agreed that as Martina could not commit 100% to the project then it was not going to work as a long term partnership. We will stay friends and I wish her all the best in her personal and professional life.

I am stepping down as Agnieszka's part-time coach," Navratilova said in a statement.

"I think I underestimated the time it would take to make this a proper and good situation for both Agnieszka and me. I have quite a busy family life now as well as my TV work and other business commitments, which all combined make it impossible to dedicate the amount of time necessary to do a great job. Tomas Wiktorowski, Agnieszka's full-time coach, certainly knows what he is doing and he will be able to continue to build on some of the adjustments we were trying to make. I really enjoyed working with Aga and her whole team and I wish her all the best for the rest of the season."


Well that didn't last long, too bad. 

No comments: